Teijin's Decorative Films
In recent years, there has been a demand for reducing environmental impact through paintless solutions and improving design aesthetics, such as light transmissive indication. As a way to solve this problem, we have adopted insert molding and out-mold molding of decorative films to eliminate the need for painting, improve functionality (scratch resistance, chemical resistance, weather resistance), design (light transmission, 3D shape, seamless), and studies are underway to integrate large parts. In addition, the method of forming electronic circuits on films for the purpose of reducing the number of components is also studied. The Resin and Plastic Processing Business Unit of Teijin continues the development of next-generation decorative PC-based films by utilizing Teijin's unique polymer and compound technologies as base material films that enable such approaches.
For any difficulties in these methods, please contact Teijin.
Teijin's Strength in Decorative Films
- Automobile interior parts
- Automobile exterior parts
- Parts for smart appliances
- Housing equipment
- Amusement equipment
- Film improvement technology utilizing Teijin's unique polymer and compound technologies
- Proposal of conditions recommended for each type of method
Thermoforming, UV curing, insert molding, and other conditions
- Proposal of appropriate injection molding materials
- Prototyping and verification at Chiba Technical Center
- Mold design support with 3D printers
- Easy formability and low-temperature formability in the thermoforming process
- Hard coating technologies
Realize surface hardness, abrasion resistance, chemical resistance, weather resistance, and thermoformability
- Optical characteristics
Coloring, IR transmission, IR absorption, retardation control, diffusion, light guiding, and other characteristics
Characteristics of Teijin's Decorative Films
- Even complex and deep-drawn shapes can be thermally formed at lower temperatures than standard PC films.
|Type||General PC film||Advanced PC film||General PC film||Advanced PC film||Advanced PC film||Advanced PC film|
|Layer composition||Single layer||Single layer||Multiple layer||Multiple layer||Multiple layer||Multiple layer|
|Hard coating||Not applied||Not applied||Not applied||Not applied||Applied
(After UV cure)
(After UV cure)
(Extension coefficient: Up to 220%@140℃)
- *The values in the above table are representative values, not guaranteed values.